Re: excellent book dealer

Thanks, Harry.  I appreciate your suggestion and I'll pass it along.  I'm
familiar with that shop and could tell my friend how to find it, but I
couldn't remember the name.  I agree that it's a real treasure trove.  (My
only complaint is that when he gets a book on bookbinding, he keeps it
himself and won't sell to me!)

----------
> From: Harry Reese <reese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: excellent book dealer
> Date: Monday, August 11, 1997 7:03 PM
>
> There is an excellent bookshop in Asheville. It is: The Captain's
> Bookshelf, Inc., 31 Page Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801. (704) 253-6631. It
is
> owned and operated by Chan Gordon. If he cannot provide the service you
> want, he can certainly point you in the right direction. He has a fine
> collection and has a great respect for books and the people who make
them.
> >----------
Virginia
> >Sent:   Monday, August 11, 1997 12:44 PM
> >To:     BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject:        book appraisals
> >
> >I've been contacted by someone with a few boxes of "old books", and he
> >wants to know where he can get them appraised.  Can anyone suggest
> >appraisers in the Atlanta, Ga., Asheville, NC, Knoxville or Chattanooga,
> >TN. areas?  Thanks!
> >
> >Virginia Turnbull
> >
> >virginia@xxxxxxxx
> >
> >Virginia and everyone,
> >       Another bookshop in Atlanta is Yesteryear Bookshop, 3201 Maple
Dr.,NE