[Table of Contents] [Search]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: gauffering?

Gauffered edges are those that are decorated, usually over gilt, with a
heated pointille tool to create a pattern in the edges. I have not
attempted this  (far too advanced for my meager talents), but have seen
numerous books from the mid 19th c back that have gauffered edges.
It is quite attractive when done well.


Chris Hagen

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997, Julia Springer wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Aug 1997 10:24:19 -0400 "MICHAEL E. MORIN"
> <ba202@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >Gauffer is French for gopher.  Also refers to a honeycomb structure.
> Is this like with MARBLING paper?  (I am familiar with that; just not up
> on all the terms.)
> thankyou so much!
>                                         Julie

[Subject index] [Index for current month] [Table of Contents] [Search]