Re: Stabbound Journals

At 04:39 PM 8/20/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Can anyone please tell me the maximum # of pgs recommended
>for Japanese stab bound journals?

Cathy Atwood probably can state a maximum in her data base. It depends on
the weight and flexibility of the paper you are using and to some degree on
the width of the book.  I've seen fukuro-toji up to 1" thick on larger
books using thin paper. I like more substantial paper so I limit mine to
about 5/8" in an 8" high by 9.25" wide format. I have made photo albums
with spacers between leaves in which the spine was thicker but the spacers
made the book more flexible.

Sam Lanham
Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)