Re: Stabbound Journals

On Thu, 21 Aug 1997 08:20:10 -0500 Cathy Atwood
<catwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> It is possible to do side sewn bindings that are very thick, as long as
the sewing is strong.  Our childhood scrapbooks used shoe laces.

Can anyone please suggest what would be best to use to make the sewing
strong (yet as elegant as possible - e. g., I don't want shoe laces <g>).

And is this in any book anywhere? (I have Kojiro Ikegami's "Japanese
Bookbinding."

I can't thank you enough for the priceless help so generously offered
here! You folks are an inspiration!

                                        Julie