[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Post/Nut Album binding???
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Post/Nut Album binding???
- From: R Starr <rstarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 13:03:01 -0500
- In-reply-to: <01IMP9HOP4F60040HE@UMBC2.UMBC.EDU>
- Message-id: <199708211703.KAA13142@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yes, what you describe is exactly what I meant. Sorry if there was any
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Beth Lee wrote:
> In a message dated 97-08-21 11:56:16 EDT, you write:
> << Yes, you can do the post/nut binding with hard covers. The only problem
> is that you need some sort of hinging on the top (and if desired the
> bottom) cover. I when I do this I usually use book board and, for the
> top cover, cut two pieces. One is the spine edge and is about 3/4 to 1"
> wide, the other is the width of the text or other material to be bound +
> any extension over the edge of the bound material and less one book board
> thickness. >>
> I would think that the width of "other" piece should be
> width of the text or other material to be bound
> + any extension over the edge of the bound material
> - one book board thickness
> * - the width of the spine-edge piece *
> Or am I visualizing this binding wrongly?