[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 17 Aug 1997 to 18 Aug 1997
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 17 Aug 1997 to 18 Aug 1997
- From: Monique Lallier <BKBDRS2LUV@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 22:12:49 -0400
- Message-id: <199708230213.TAA30104@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The crossed binding technique was developed by Carmencho Arregui, an Italian
conservator. An exhibition was organized last year by "La Librairie Blaizot"
in Paris for crossed structure binding and a good catalogue was published and
can probably still be purchased from Claude Blaizot, 164 rue du Faubourg
Saint-Honore, 75008 Paris, FRANCE. The title of the catalogue is "Plat
Dessus, Plat Dessous".
It is a bilingual catalogue (English/French). The explanations of the
technique are very clear and well illustrated and all the bindings are in
color. A must have catalogue for any bookbinder. Sorry, I don't remenber the
price but I know it is affordable......and the rate of the dollar is good
with the French franc.
It is a technique that offers a lot of possibilities.
Hope that helps!