[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Stabbound Journals
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Stabbound Journals
- From: Sam Lanham <slanham@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 23:01:02 -0400
- In-reply-to: <199708231633.LAA04624@austin.aus.sig.net>
- Message-id: <199708240301.UAA14718@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 12:35 PM 8/23/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Can anyone please advise me if it would be feasible to use standard
>81/2x11" paper horizontally (so that my journals are 8 1/2 " high &
>11" wide)? Would the grain be a problem if I did that?
Grain is particularly important in side-stitched bindings in order to
facilitate opening. The standard pre-cut 8.5 x 11 has the grain running
with the 11" dimension which is the wrong way for the format you describe.
If you are cutting from full sheets you can cut the grain the 8.5" way.
Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)