[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ideal Paper Weight????
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Ideal Paper Weight????
- From: Linda Shaw <Minerva892@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 13:46:35 -0400
- Message-id: <199708251747.KAA17870@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Most laser and copier equipment is calibrated for 60 lb. text. The equivalent
in writing grades is 24 lb.
However, 70 lb. (or 28lb writing) can also work if the equipment is
calibrated for heavier weights or if it has wide tolerances. The best thing
to do is to get some samples of the paper you like and test it in the
equipment you're planning to use.