[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Copier paper/moisture content
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Copier paper/moisture content
- From: Linda Shaw <Minerva892@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 17:04:08 -0400
- Message-id: <199708262104.OAA13290@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A lot of papers like Mohawk Superfine are now available in "cut size" i.e.
8.5 x 11 or 17x11 in lower moisture for laser and digital printing.
The problem is that offset and digital processes work optimally at different
moisture levels. So text papers are often made to different moisture
specifications in folio sizes (for offset printing) and cut sizes for digital
If you cut down folio size sheets you're getting offset printing paper.
Again, it may work just fine for your application. Testing is always a good