[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Foot controls for Dremel Tools
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Foot controls for Dremel Tools
- From: Sam Lanham <slanham@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 10:19:29 -0400
- In-reply-to: <199709031337.IAA20871@austin.aus.sig.net>
- Message-id: <199709031420.HAA16488@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 09:38 AM 9/3/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I was glad to see this note. I didn't know you can get a foot control,
>but I can report that my own variable-speed Dremel (an OLD one) slowly
>speeds up as I use it, and the control - a knob on the end of the shaft -
>is a pain to moderate.
>On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Artemis BonaDea wrote:
>> When purchasing a dremel tool, consider buying a single speed model and
>> using a foot control.
FYI: The new Dremel tool has a slide switch speed control on the barrel.
This can be operated with your thumb. I haven't gotten mine yet but it
sounds much better than the my old one and may well obviate the foot control.
Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)