[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Private Postings
- From: Artemis BonaDea <paradux@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 10:18:07 -0700
- Message-id: <199709051920.MAA39844@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: North Bound Books
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The recent copyright conversation made me remember something I've thought
from time to time about the List.
I wonder how many people ever reply off list to a writer when they want
to say "thank you" or "me too". In addition to taking some of the
clutter off the list, it's a wonderful way to make real connections with
folks and maybe build friendships.
I try to consider if my reply is really ment for the entire list
(filled with actual information or a discussion point) or more personal
to the writer of a particular post (thanks for writing, me too, can you
send me that address). If it seems more personal, I reply directly to
the writer and often have a wonderful conversation with them to boot.
This is a great List!