[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: the latest uproar
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: the latest uproar
- From: Kerrie Weldner <scottielvr@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 18:52:11 -0700
- Message-id: <199709080327.UAA10302@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
gmcneese@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Georgie McNeese) writes:
Anything posted to a list is posted to the world and will be used as each
recipient sees fit. Your work can be stolen, duplicated, or trashed by
in any corner of the world and chances are, you will never know it. The
way to truly protect oneself is to burrow into a hole forever. To think
you can control anything that is posted to a list is ludicrous.
Sure. But copyrighting legally prevents people from just reposting it
over again on every listserve and bb in the world. And if they publish
can sue and collect damages.
But your comment is why folks like me won't share on this list.