[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: the latest uproar
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: the latest uproar
- From: Darryl Baird <rosebud@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 08:42:24 -0600
- Message-id: <199709081556.IAA37536@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: http://www.why.net/users/rosebud
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Kerrie Weldner wrote:
> But copyrighting legally prevents people from just reposting it
> over and over again on every listserve and bb in the world. And if
> they publish
> it, you can sue and collect damages.
> But your comment is why folks like me won't share on this list.
Why o' why does everyone fear this so much? I feel a time has come to
drop all pretentions of "genius" and learn that giving and taking is a
natural flow of information. If you only take, you're a parasite. If you
only give, you're God or a raving egotist.
The purpose of this list is sharing. Without this sharing the list
suffers and dies.
Has anyone who has posted "I won't share" messages proud of this stance?
I finish by quoting John Cage, "I've nothing to say and I'm saying it."
Can we close the gaps in our group and proceed now?