Re: Aluminum Pots for cooking

To collette and others,
 As far as I understand the reason for not using aluminium for cooking is
that aluminium disolves in caustic soda, so you end up with aluminium
compounds in with your paper and holes in your pots. Pat's suggestion about
the enamel pots sounds a good one, although I would do my cooking outdoors
if possible because the fumes are dreadful. If you don't want to cook
fibres you could use something like cotton linters or half stuff of various
fibres which you can obtain from papermaking supplies like "Carriage
house",or "Twinrocker". The other alternative is recycling paper though you
get a weaker result but still interesting.
Gail Stiffe
     /             Hands                                   /
   /                   on                                   /
                         /
 /                       Paper                          /