[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Pochoir
- From: Charles Mohr ok <livres@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 19:13:33 -0700
- Message-id: <199709140212.TAA17618@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Denis Gouey wrote:
> There is a book on this topic:
> Jean Saude, Traite d' Enluminure au Pochoir, Paris 1925.
> It's a rare book, quite expensive to buy if you can find it, check a
> large art library.
> Good luck.
> Does anyone know the details of how to do the pochoir stencil coloring =
> technique? I've searched the web and found art work using the technique
> but nothing = describing the technique. I know that it uses stencils and
> some form of = pigment but that's about it. Thanks. Kim
Also - Stencelling - the Art of Pochoir, by Vance Gerry- weather Bird
Press california. There is also a Electrotype edition of that book,
call dawson's Bookshop in Los Angeles. (don't have the number at hand
Vance Gerry is a Master at Pochoir and that little booklet is one of the
shortest and most informative I've found sofar.