Re: Marbled Paper

I am about to become a marbler, as I have just purchased supplies from
Dharma Trading Co., which does ship to Canada, though they caution that
there are certain regulations and occasional problems with customs.  Dharma
is primarily a supplier of materials for decorating fabric, but they carry
carrageenan, alum, oxgall, and dyes which can be used for marbling fabric
or paper.

Dharma Trading Co.
Box 150916
San Rafael CA 94915
800/542-5227
catalog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dharmatrading.com/

What kind of paper is best to use for marbling?  Will printer paper work?
I'd like to practice on cheaper paper until I figure out what I'm doing.

%) Lisa