Announcing Pepe Romero typographic print

ANNOUNCING A NEW BROADSIDE, FEATURING THE WORDS OF GUITARIST PEPE ROMERO

The press of ROBIN PRICE, PUBLISHER has recently produced a
hand-printed, numbered and signed broadside in a limited edition of 150
copies, featuring the words of Pepe Romero. The broadside is letterpress
printed onto Somerset velvet black, a mouldmade acid-free paper, with
Bodoni types in silver and gold. An aqua-colored brush stroke has been
hand-painted onto each print, "like the taffeta of a flamenco dancer's
skirt, and it serves as a metaphor for the energy that comes from
Romero's guitar." (Bill Daley, "The Hartford Courant," September 19,
1997)

The quotation by Pepe Romero featured on the broadside is: "The power of
music lies not only in its ability to enter every fiber of the player,
but also to enter every fiber of the listener. When I perform, I
actually feel a very realistic change. I lose the awareness of my own
body. My body is suddenly transformed into the body of the sound; and it
is, therefore, an expansion of awareness where whatever I am feeling is
transmitted to everyone who joins me in the experience of music."

The text is excerpted from THE JOURNEY OF THE GUITAR: A PORTRAIT OF PEPE
ROMERO, to be published by the press in fall 1998 as a limited edition
book.

The 13 x 18 inch broadsides are numbered 1 through 150, and are signed
by Pepe Romero and Robin Price. The price is $50 postpaid plus sales tax
($3) for Connecticut residents. VISA, MasterCard, and American Express
accepted; or make checks payable to Robin Price, Publisher. To order, or
for more information, PLEASE CONTACT THE PRESS OFF-LIST or at the phone,
FAX, or mailing address listed below.

rprice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Robin Price, Printer & Publisher
Starr Mill, Beverly Heights, Middletown, CT 06457
Tel 860-344-8644    FAX 860-344-0344