[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Baby Book
- From: AmyCaro524 <AmyCaro524@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 13:59:54 EDT
- Message-id: <199710091809.LAA18606@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: AOL (http://www.aol.com)
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I just finished a baby scrap book for my cousin and her second baby. Two
covers, in fabric over board, with loose leaf rings to hold together. I also
made a picture frame to go on the front.
The innovation is that it is to be a book that the older child fills in about
his new baby sister. I thought that the loose leaf format would be good for a
little kid--Mom can give him one leaf at a time to draw on, or to mount
pictures that he has selected. Haven't given it to them yet, so I don't know
what the reaction will be, but I'm pretty happy with it.
The pages have a few words, printed using a rubber stamp alphabet set I got at
an office supply store.
It was great fun to do!