Diapers

Some years ago in the rare book program at Columbia, I used to quiz
students on the contents of Carter's _ABC for Book Collectors_. One of
terms I asked them to define was "diaper," and I was in hopes of getting
something back about small repeating patterns used in decorative
bookbinding. On one occasion an ignorant but clever student defined
"diaper" for me as "a binding for a very small book."
        Congrats to our sysop and his family!
-tb

Terry Belanger  :  University Professor  :   University of Virginia
Book Arts Press : 114 Alderman Library : Charlottesville, VA  22903
Tel: 804/924-8851   FAX: 804/924-8824  email: belanger@xxxxxxxxxxxx