Re: Do bookbinder's children have no baby books?

At 12:28 PM 10/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, if cobbler's children have no shoes,
>      do bookbinders's children have baby books bought from Amazon.com?
>
>Has anyone here done anything exciting for their own child, for a friend's
>child or as a commissioned work?
>
>Or a commemorative text or broadside?
>
>   Karen from Atlanta

H'lo Karen from A--

All my children have off-the-shelf books.

All my grandchildren have handbound books by ol' me.  They will be kept for
the histories of the kids, of course.  But they also reflect my interests
as a binder. The two oldest have full leather, tooled and inlaid, sewn on
cords or tapes albums.  Then the Japanese binding passion struck and the
younger three have soft-bound (fukuro-toji) in fine fabrics, side-stitched
books with handmade paper text blocks and special Japanese papers scattered
throughout.  In families with two or more kids there is at least one of
each kind of binding. The only child in the other family got a fukuro-toji.

Sam Lanham
Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)