[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 8 Oct 1997 to 9 Oct 1997
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 8 Oct 1997 to 9 Oct 1997
- From: Monique Lallier <BKBDRS2LUV@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 19:17:33 -0400
- Message-id: <199710102316.QAA18854@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
When my first grandson was born I made a full leather box in the shape of a
mail box, with his name and address gold stamped and a LOVE stamp. I write
to him letters that I ask my son and dauther in law not to open. That will
be up to him to read when he wishes. They live a thousand miles away and I
don't see them very often so that is a way for them to know me and they will
appreciate it better when they will be older. For his sister, I also made a
full leather rounded top box. I also made photo albums for them.
For my last granddauther I made a book in flower shape where the pages open
three different ways. The cover is in leather. I offered this book for her
Christening and the design was not done on the book. Her 2 year old cousin,
seeing everybody signing in the book wanted to do the same but didn't open
the cover and "draw" on the leather. I used it as a starting point and made
a very funny design..........and I wrote in the book how the design came to
be since it is not really my style !!!!!!!!
I made a box where the book pops up as you open it.
Great fun to do.
Congratulation Peter.......I will have a look at Sofia (lovely name)