[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 17 Oct 1997 to 18 Oct 1997
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 17 Oct 1997 to 18 Oct 1997
- From: Monique Lallier <BKBDRS2LUV@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 21:57:00 -0400
- Message-id: <199710200155.SAA19228@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
For the edge dye I use Pelikan ink. You can mix them for the exact color
thar you want and it it is the right consitancy. You can also use acrylic
diluted with water. I have never tried since I always had good result with
the Pelikan ink. The consistancy is crucial since if it is too thick the
pages will stick together.
Of course you polish with an agathe and bee wax for a smooth surface. That
also sealed the edge.
I hope it helps.