[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Binders Awl
- From: Michael Babcock <mjb@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:16:36 -0400
- Message-id: <199710222027.NAA17766@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello all (awl. ha ha)
I'm in search of a binder's awl.
(Ah, but, of a specific style.)
If you are familiar with Keith Smith's book "Non Adhesive Binding"
there is a photo of various tools near the front of the book.
Sorry I don't have it in front of me, so no page number.
It is shown there if you have the book.
To describe it: the handle looks like a mushroom cap on top of a top.
The kind you played with as a child. The spike is of course non tapered.
Anyone know where I can get one? I've called TALAS, Bookbinder's =
and one or two others. No luck. Maybe Keith's is an antique? I like the
style of the handle. If I can't find one I guess I'll keep using my
Any leads would be appreciated.
Best in lead, tin & antimony,