[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Marbling paints
- From: Melony Kendell <dskendel@xxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:13:46 -0400
- Message-id: <199710311444.GAA15520@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I am trying to learn how to marble paper and not learning much, except that
oil paints aren't giving me much success. Can anyone recommend a good marbling
paint and a maybe a "How to..." book or source? I have also tried gouche and
acrylic they run right off of the paper even though I have sponged alum on it.
I also am trying to make my own paper and would like some information on
suitable plants and fibres and how to boil them etc. Can anyone recommend a
good book or souce for that too?