Paper Lamps Exhibition in NYC

Dieu Donne is pleased to announce an exhibition of lighting objects by Helen
Hiebert, former Program Director at Dieu Donne.

"Shades of Paper" will feature her one-of-a-kind handmade paper lamps, nite
lites, table lamps, candle lanterns and shadow lanterns.   Helen explores
the interaction of paper and light by piercing, cutting, layering, weaving
and watermarking her handmade paper to create unique lighting objects.
Prices range from $18 - $300, from decorative luminaria with snowflake
watermarks to a sculptural potted lamp - a whimsical handmade paper flower
shade with a copper stem planted in a terra cotta pot.

Exhibition dates are November 15, 1997 through January 3, 1998.

Please visit us Tuesday through Saturday, 12-6pm at our store and gallery.
See below for our address.  Or e-mail us for a checklist and illustrations
of works on display.

Thank you!  Mina Takahashi, Executive Director
Dieu Donne Papermill, Inc.
433 Broome Street
New York, NY 10013
tel 212/226-0573  fax 212/226-6088