[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Colophon Info
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Colophon Info
- From: Roberta Lavadour <paper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 07:24:04 -0800
- Message-id: <199711141526.HAA17984@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I had been told that Colophon had pulled the PVA because of safety concerns
(something about turning into formaldehyde [sp?] when it sits for a length
of time...). Is the product being reintroduced the same stuff? Is there a
way to check the adhesive to see if it's "fresh"?
From: D. Guffey <dguff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, November 13, 1997 7:08 PM
Subject: Colophon Info
>>Now, does anyone have a current address/phone/fax for Colophon in
>> I teach binding and am revising my woefully outdated list of suppliers.
>>I call te number I have for Colophon, I get someone's fax machine. Thanks!
>Don Guyot has sold Colophon Book Arts Supply to Nancy Morains. The new
>3611 Ryan St. S.E.
>Lacey, WA 98503
>phone # (360)459-2940
>fax # (360)459-2945
>I send this information because just today I received a phone call from
>Nancy informing me of the change and to let our Guild know that they now
>have Davey Board and PVA available again. She said that although Don is no
>longer owner, he will still be around in an advisory position.