Re: Rick Cavasin - Vellum lecture and sale

Rick Cavasin makes all over humble after Nicholas Yeager touted his skill.
Don't matter.  I've watched Rick work and seen his stuff, and he is one of
the best vellum/parchment makers in the world today.  If you can make the
lecture, please do so; you won't be disappointed.  If you can't make it,
order some samples and then buy some vellum/parchment.  One of these days
he'll have to quite the day job....

Jack

> 10. Rick Cavasin - Vellum lecture and sale - Nov. 22 in NYC
>Date:    Fri, 14 Nov 1997 17:43:35 -0500
>From:    Rick Cavasin <cav@xxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Rick Cavasin - Vellum lecture and sale - Nov. 22 in NYC
>
>>From:    Nicholas Yeager <artifex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: Rick Cavasin - Vellum lecture and sale - Nov. 22 in NYC
>>
>>If you're in the NYC area on Sat., Nov. 22, you'll want to hear Rick
>>Cavasin and buy his vellum and alum-tawed skins. Rick's vellum and
>>alum-tawed skins are the finest being produced today.
>
>Thanks for the endorsement Nicholas, but I just want to make it clear
>that *I'm* not making that claim!!
>

>>RICK CAVASIN - VELLUM MAKER
>>
>>Saturday, November 22, 1997
>>12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
>>51 Warren St. #2 * Manhattan
>>
>> You may select skins, or purchase part of a skin, cut to
>>size from these fine manu-script vellums - plain or dyed.
>>

>I'll have a selection of skins on hand including skins suitable for both
>manuscript and binding work.
>
>Cheers, Rick C.
>
>>Sponsored by the Society of Scribes and the NY Chapter - Guild of Bookworkers

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, OR  97217

503/735-3942 (voice/fax)

www.teleport.com/~tcl         The lyf so short; the craft so long to lerne
                               Chaucer, _The Parlement of Foules_  1386 AD