[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Re: Fiskars flat-bed rotary cutter
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Re: Fiskars flat-bed rotary cutter
- From: Kerry Kemp <PenCraft@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 20:48:44 -0500
- Message-id: <199711280149.RAA10302@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
the perforator blade is the reason i bought my fiskars cutter. it works very
well. remember that you can only cut one to a few sheets at a time, so for
large quantities, there is a lot of work involved. it has, however, been
worth the trouble - for the price.
i did get a deckle blade, and several others, also. they work well also.
they also fit into the hand-held handles, which makes them even more
versatile. the deckle blade gives much better results than the scissors type
which only cuts about an inch and a half at a time. there is no need to try
to match up the pattern with the circular blade.
i don't use them much, but it's great to know when i need to do that sort of
cut, it's easy to pop in whatever blade i need and just cut.
as for the straight cuts, let's just say i am interested in the adaptor that
lets me use the ruler as a ruler and not just to assist me in guessing the
measurements. (it never seems to be the same variation twice.)
little rock, arkansas