[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: an interesting question
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: an interesting question
- From: Alison Hardage <sarasotaslim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 14:43:06 -0500
- Message-id: <199712081944.LAA22344@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
While (not working) at work I have no books to refer to other than a
dictionary. However, wasn't this a time when documents were still
written in Latin, and not Old/Middle English? Perhaps the exemption
(from what sounds like the equivalent of jury duty today) had more to
do with there being a short supply of such professionals.
It is a very interesting question.