Bookcloth question

Hello all,

I'm making a drop spine box and have run into a cloth problem. I'm
covering a 14x17 inch box with 40" wide Canapetta. Unfortunately, I don't
have enough material to cover all the board with the grain of the board
and cloth running in the same directions. Can I cover the case and line
the trays with the grain and do the walls of the trays against the grain?
I have enough to do it that way. However, if I do it this way, I can't
cover the walls with one piece (the 40" cloth isn't wide enough). Where
is the best place to put a seam? And how best to do it?

This is my first attempt and up to now it's been going very well.

Thanks in advance.
David Kern
dkern@xxxxxxxx