[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Bookcloth question
- From: David Kern <dkern@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 18:39:29 -0600
- Message-id: <199712090106.RAA19918@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm making a drop spine box and have run into a cloth problem. I'm
covering a 14x17 inch box with 40" wide Canapetta. Unfortunately, I don't
have enough material to cover all the board with the grain of the board
and cloth running in the same directions. Can I cover the case and line
the trays with the grain and do the walls of the trays against the grain?
I have enough to do it that way. However, if I do it this way, I can't
cover the walls with one piece (the 40" cloth isn't wide enough). Where
is the best place to put a seam? And how best to do it?
This is my first attempt and up to now it's been going very well.
Thanks in advance.