[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Musty Books
- From: Josh Page <Pagebook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 18:40:57 -0800
- Message-id: <199712100043.QAA21706@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: Eritter.net
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'd appreciate any comments about treating books that have a musty odor.
Two treatments I've heard about are freezing and interleaving the pages
with blank newsprint. Does either method have merit? How long do the
treatments take? Are there simpler and/or more effective treatments?
home addr: Rt 65 Box 233 Kingston, AR 72742