[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
beeswax & gluing
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: beeswax & gluing
- From: Marcia Buch <buch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 15:20:50 EDT
- Message-id: <199712132020.MAA20080@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I am currently making a one-of-a-kind book and am using beewax on black board.
Then I am scratching off the wax and sanding it to give it a smooth surface.
Now I want to glue canson down to the surface. My question is this: what type
of glue should I use so that the canson paper adheres to the beeswax covered
board? Straight PVA? A mixture? What type? Any help would be very
appreciated! Thanks! Marcia Buch