Re: NAACP seeks ban on Huck Finn classic

How soon we all forget that the language was a sign of the times.  How
will this country ever maintain it's history and learn from it if our
students don't understand it?  As a teacher I read these kinds of stories
to my students, but I prefaced it with a bit of the history of the time
and explained the times.

What will happen to our great literature if we continue to allow this to
happen?

Barbara
bholl@xxxxxxxxxxx