[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: linda <capella@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 09:14:38 -0500
- Message-id: <199802061416.GAA17987@lindy.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A client has turned up with a very nice looking half bound (leather and
marbled paper) copy of Wood's General Conchology, 1835, which to my surprise
and dismay was perfect bound. It even has gilded edges.
How early did perfect binding begin?
Capella Book Arts
Perfect Binding: One of the World's Great Misnomers
such as the Trust Dept., where the pens are chained to the tables