[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Etching copper type
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Etching copper type
- From: "M. Rimmell" <temple@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 18:02:55 +0000
- Message-id: <199802251815.KAA15410@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Has anyone any experience of etching copper for making type for hot foil
In the past I have used rubdown transfers on copper-clad board to produce
printed circuit boards, etching with ferric chloride. I am wondering if
this process used on a thicker copper plate or block would produce a deep
enough cut with out causing an undercut too far under the raised letters.
Any Ideas gratefully received before I start investing in R&D.