Etching hot plates

Dear Book Arts People

Like a fool, a couple of years ago, I sold my etching hot plate to the
first bidder, thinking that I was finished with the medium and would now
convert to a drypointer.  This was not to happen.  I am too utterly seduced
by the magic of acid and want to return to the medium in full force.  I
cannot locate a hot plate for grounding etching plates anywhere and would
like to know if there is any way in which I can improvise with a regular
food heater.  To add to matters, I live a million miles away from anything
vaguely resembling a competent etching supplies house, so improvisation
tactics are all I can deal with right now.

Hope you know of some,
Robyn
mephisto@xxxxxxxxxxxx