Weeding Books

For all those interested, I highly recommend Nicholson Baker's witty but
disturbing essay "Weeds" in the newly released anthology "Reclaiming San
Francisco".

He reports on the relentless weeding of books that is taking place secretly
at the San Francisco Public Library- by his estimate, over 200,000 books,
many of them rare or antiquarian, have been laoded into trucks and dumped
at a landfill. All this to make up for the lack of space at our new
library, and to make room for computers.

-Philip

Philip Krayna
Four Eyes Design, SF
iiii@xxxxxxxxxx