[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: quotation marks in books?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: quotation marks in books?
- From: patriot@xxxxxxx
- Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 12:58:33 -0200
- In-reply-to: <199802280301.WAA03493@topcat.mip.net>
- Message-id: <199802281800.KAA20862@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 09:54 PM 2/27/1998 -0800, you wrote:
Betsy, you START the quote with a quote mark and END it when the quote ends
with a quote mark, BUT if there are "paragraphs" or blank lines WITHIN the
quote, the next paragraph or line also begins with a quote mark, thus:
>I deeply appreciate your excellent help! If I could bother you with one
>more question, how do I put it when starting a new paragraph (or line
>with a blank line in between)? Does the same rule apply?
>For some reason, I remember something about using a quote on the left
>side of each line but nothing on the right until the very end of the
>quote - but don't remember the exact rule and have no idea where to look.
>Thanks again! Although the bookbinding is the fun part, I need to make
>sure that the content is also nice.
>You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
>Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com
>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
David Adams in Maryland