[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: urinal and duchamp
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: urinal and duchamp
- From: Charles Alexander <chax@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:26:24 -0700
- In-reply-to: <199803061616.JAA02060@pantano.theriver.com>
- Message-id: <199803061802.KAA19186@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cheers to Jennifer, and, of ourse, to duchamp!
> and if this was the thought process, and he was the first to do
>such a thing--he was a genius (at least I think so)...then it is art...at
>least to me...because it's more than just the urninal..it is the entire
>process...at least in this case...and at the time in art history when this
>occurred....Art can take on many forms.
>In Duchamp's case, he himself, as an individual, was a work of art.
>just my opinion,
charles alexander :: poet and book artist :: chax@xxxxxxxxxxxx
chax press :: alexander writing/design/publishing
books by artists' hands :: web sites built with care and vision
http://personal.riverusers.com/~chax/ :: http://alexwritdespub.com