[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Artists book
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Artists book
- From: Paul Anderson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 8 Mar 1998 06:14:57 -0500
- In-reply-to: <199803080026.TAA10497@bootes.ebtech.net>
- Message-id: <199803081153.DAA16898@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Sat, 7 Mar 1998, yara ferreira cluver wrote:
> I feel I must write in defense of those BSO's (book-shaped objects), since
> I make them. My definition of not just the artists book, but book in
> general is an object which contains.
The definition of what a book is is simple:
A book consists of a number of peice of paper sewn together, and bound
with a cover.
That, my friends is a book. A scroll is not a book. It is a scroll. Nor
are commas floating down a river. A number of things have been called
books, which aren't books. It's like calling a fish a pen - they have no
similarities beyond common shape. A chiseled stone is not a book, not
until you bind a number of them together in the form of pages. Sorry,
that's the facts. TTYL!
Paul Anderson - Self-employed Megalomaniac
"With all due respect, you, sir, have the intellect of a pickle."
FREE mailing lists setup - e-mail newlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for info
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----