[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
book or sculpture
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: book or sculpture
- From: vosberg <kirkhamb@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 17:22:00 -0800
- Message-id: <199803092121.NAA20480@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
This discuss brings to mind an art piece done by Mary Scott from Calgary,
Alberta Canada that always intrigued me.
She wrote a narration on several pages using a syringe filled with paint.
With this method she created a stack of sheets measuring about 4 inches by
5 inchs and about 1 1/2 inches thick. The stack was bound by jute, package
style with a bow on top so that the contents could not be read, only the
In light of this interesting discussion and various views, would this piece
be called a artists book or a sculpture piece?
Your imput please...?