Binders biographies

I hate to interrupt this fascinating artist's book discuassion with a
mundane question, but here goes ...

Does anyone know of a good general reference work where I can find short
biographical or institutional sketches of major turn-of-the-century
European binders or binderies, respectively?  I'm working on a web-based
version of a fine bindings exhibit (at my current pace it'll take me months
to complete it, but so be it), and I'd like to be able to say something
about the binders themselves.  Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance. -- Susan

Susan Ravdin
Assistant
Special Collections