[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Sewn Pamphlets
- From: Jennifer Gorman <jenng@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:56:58 -0500
- Message-id: <199803111555.HAA32116@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Does anyone have any suggestion for a way to "dress up" a sewn pamphlet?
My family will be compiling a cook book of recipes loved and shared by the
family, (I know it may sound silly) for my in-laws 40th wedding anniversary,
and it will be distributed to everyone as a useful reference and keepsake.
The recipes will most likely be printed on 81/2 x 11 paper, grain short, so
two/four recipes will be on each sheet of paper. The family has done this
before years ago, and unfortunatly they were just stapled pamplets. I would
like to make them a little nicer, and i'm sure there has got to be some way to
dress up a sewn pamphlet, ie: using better thread, or a diffrent sewing
structure than the traditional figure eight through the fold, etc.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions,