Re: ISBN numbers

Judging from the ISBN of my own press, the format is something like this:

X-XXXXXX-NN-C

in which the X's represent the publisher's assigned ISBN prefix, the NN
represents the book's number in the publisher's list, and the C is a check
digit. There can certainly be more than 2 N digits, but I don't know if
there can be more than 2 check digits.  E.G., I have numbers ISBN
0-932142-1-4 and ISBN 0-932142-12-2 in my list.  The number queried looks
like the second set of X numbers.

                     _________
|  Kerman  |   (Mayapple Press(/(
   \ ?? /       http://www.cris.com/~Jkerman