Re: The Art of the Book???

>Does anyone know anything (pro or con) about a book named
>_The Art of the Book_?
>
>Thank you very much!
>
>Mary

_The Art of the Book: A Review of Some Recent European and American Work in
Typography, Page Decoration & Binding.  Charles Holme, Ed.  1914, "The
Studio" Ltd. London, Paris, New York.

1/4 Bound Green Goat Skin / Green Roxite   Rebind, saved from library
discard.  $150.00

Both color and B&W plates showing examples of typography, page decoration
and binding, guild work, etc.  Text also but I have to admit I've never
read it, it's not my copy.

A fool commanding an army is still a fool.

Duncan
<dmc@xxxxxxxx>