[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Sewn Pamphlets
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Sewn Pamphlets
- From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 02:37:11 -0800
- Message-id: <199803121034.CAA29032@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
There have been a number of interesting solutions to your question, but I
have both a question and a comment.
You state that the recipes will be printed on 81/2 X 11 paper, grain short.
But all such paper I see at the local paper merchants has grain long in
that size, so when grain direction is important to me, I purchase reams of
11 X 17 paper (grain long) and cut it in half to get *grain short* in 81/2
X 11 sheets, so that when the paper is printed in landscape mode the pages
will lie flat when the pamphlet is opened.
>From: Jennifer Gorman <jenng@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Sewn Pamphlets
The recipes will most likely be printed on 81/2 x 11 paper, grain short....
Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab
Portland, Oregon USA
"The lyfe so short; the craft so long to lerne."
Chaucer, _The Parlement of Foules_ 1386.