[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Definition of the Artists
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Definition of the Artists
- From: "Judith B. Kerman" <kerman@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 10:29:28 -0500
- In-reply-to: <9803130455.AA04659@tardis.svsu.edu>
- Message-id: <199803131529.HAA26394@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, 12 Mar 1998, Janet L. Maher wrote:
> the idea of pages--even if they are a metaphor--
To me, this feels like an important and/or useful part of the "book"
> correspondence I made a sequence of 74 collaged, painted, and
> drawn "pages", which, when tied together at their corners, build into a
> double bed. Michelle made a quilt and two pillows from our words and
> images using paper, vinyl, all kinds of mixed media, and fabric.
> spine, cover, reading stand, box, but I'll always think of the full-tilt
> installation as a book too.
Sounds like a great piece (in total and in segments).
|\ /| /________/(
|? \ / ?| (________(/(___
|??? \/ ???| /_(________(/__/(
| Judy | (______________(/(
| Kerman | (Mayapple Press(/(
| Saginaw, | (______________(/
\ ? MI ? /
\ ?? / http://www.cris.com/~Jkerman