[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Venice
- From: Reed C Bowman <rcbowman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 00:29:21 -0800
- Message-id: <199803140828.AAA32144@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Jennifer W Rosner wrote:
> While you're all looking through your Italy files for Peter's trip to
> Florence, anything in there on Venice's book related sites/shops? Any
> hints appreciated, even what may seem obvious to you! Thanks!
I've never been there myself, but was given a very nice leatherbound
blank book, with three-deckel pages, great tooling, etc. from Paolo Olbi,
San Marco, Calle della Mandola 3653;
tel 041/52.85.025. I don't know if they have a bindery you can visit, or
anything else about them, but they do nice, traditional-style work.