[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Board Cutter Help?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Board Cutter Help?
- From: Melissa Hatalsky <missyh@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 21:09:53 -0500
- Message-id: <199803150217.SAA26458@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: The list for all the book arts!" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I admit that I am a novice book binder, I have been studying for three =
years and still have much to learn. Being a part of this list is =
wonderful. Can anyone help me with some much needed information?
I would like to know what brand of board cutter I should be thinking of =
investing in? I started cutting my boards by hand, and moved to a table =
top cutter....not a stack cut, but a Martin Yale 15" wood base cutter. =
I am very frustrated as I can not get a square cut. Can anyone =
recommend a suitable cutter for boards, and perhaps a source for new or =
used? After some research on my own, it looks like the "Ideal" table =
top cutter model number 1038 is the way to go. It has a hefty price tag =
though. Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated via email =
Paper and Book Art Studio
Sharon Springs, NY