Derivation and "giving credit"

One question I have is how unique are many of the structures we all use? On
some level aren't they all derivative, whether its a sewing pattern,
tunnel-book, board attachment. While I have seen many people who stand out,
Keith Smith and Hedi Kyle among them, they got there ideas from somewhere
as well. I don't think any of what we are collectively doing was created in
a vacuum.

In a case where that is clear, I agree, give credit, but in many ways we
then adapt that for our own purposes and it becomes just another variation.

Thoughts?

Peter

>>     In schoen gebunden Buechern blaettert man gern.     <<

Peter D. Verheyen   <wk> 315.443.9937      <fax> 315.443.9510
<Email>                        mailto:pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<Webmaster>                http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
<Listowner>       mailto:Book_Arts-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx